The US under Trump

Where to go for and post Political chatter and gossip, including Government screw ups, Military covert operations, top secret files, anything related to Government.
DaFoxx
DaBOSS
Are you a Spammer: No

The US under Trump

Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:20 am

controversial I know :shock:
but asking out of a genuine curiosity

does anyone actually believe that Trump has IMPROVED America, and if so, HOW ?

I find it disconcerting that Blacks are still being regularly murdered by Police, and NOTHING happens to the officers, or, if it does, it takes months to arrive, and is generally a slap on the wrist

I find his attitude to the military to be despicable

I am also amazed that when he authorised payments to everyone of $1200, that is was a one shot deal, and NOT an ongoing thing to try and ensure people can survive in times of terrible uncertainty

I am also amazed that at the same time the one shot $1200 payments went out that he also cut deals to allow for tax breaks for MILLIONAIRES - amounting to around $1.6 MILLION each ............
bearing in mind that millionaires are not, by their very title, short of a few bob, and also, that having the said millions, they can afford for their attorney to sort out the paperwork to allow them to snuffle at the peoples trough, because, make no bones about it, anything the Govt spends / gives away, is TAXPAYERS money, and as said millionaires have attorneys to sort the paperwork to allow them to grab the new bonus, they also have them to allow them to not pay tax, using all the tricks they can find / invent

and lastly, PotUS is now in hospital, with Covid ............. yet is shown doing 'work' - signing blank sheets of paper with a Sharpie, on pictures that had not been edited for metadata, showing they were taken 10 minutes apart, and that the whole thing was a PR stunt, so now he has ridden around in a Secret Service SUV to wave at his supporters, WITHOUT being officially discharged from hospital, and has now contaminated both the SUV AND all the Secret Service personnel in there with him, they should now ALL be quarantined for the 14 days, but it doesn't look like that will happen

also bear in mind that anyone who has Covid, and can get into and then out of hospital in a few days, DOESN'T have Covid, we had Boris, he went down, early in year, ended up in ICU, power handed over to Raab, and when he finally got back he looked feckin awful

so if Trump DOES pull off the quick in and out trick, it sort of proves it was all a BS PR operation, but it appears that it may not work that way, as it has focused the election ON Covid the way it has not done before

finally, who watched THAT debate
and who allows one of them to constantly interrupt the other - 73 times in the 90 minutes - and who arrived with family purposely late so they could not be tested prior to the debate - a condition OF the debate
whose family failed to wear masks, even though, again, that was policy for the debate
apart from wife, who must have known they were already infected and didn't want to infect those around her, yet failing to inform ANYONE of this

the list goes on

but as I said, genuine interest in responses

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :shock:

Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Re: The US under Trump

Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:06 pm

Weird the post ' full ' editor is not working for me.
www.thetazzone.com www.thegameszone.org

Egaladeist

Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:23 pm

Well...American Politics and Politics in general has admittedly always somewhat confused me because it's not rational. It's emotional. Like when you finally get the opportunity to elect someone with integrity, honesty, who served in the military, who is highly educated, who has fought and won against big business, who has the public and consumer interest at heart like Ralph Nadar, and not only does he not get the public vote but you elect George W. Bush instead, you have to assume either the public is insane or has an agenda other than who the best candidate is.

Egaladeist

Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:27 pm

Egaladeist

Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:42 pm

If you follow the link to CNN Fast Facts about Ralph Nadar, who in their right mind wouldn't elect him to be President.

And who in their right mind would prefer and elect George W. Bush instead.

It makes no rational sense.

My theory is people don't want to elect someone who is smarter or better or more moral than they are. They want someone they can relate to. If two people were running for Office, one was Jesus Christ and the other was the leader of the KKK, the general vote would go to the latter. And it's not a racist thing, even the Black, Jewish, and Christian, vote would go to the latter. They don't want a Ralph Nadar or a Jesus Christ, they want a dumbass that they can bitch and complain about, a regular type joe, a fix-me-upper, a what-the-fuck-did-we-do-that-for.

Of course, this is just a theory. :D

Egaladeist

Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:35 pm

Religion is the same way, no one has ever picked a religion because it's a rational choice to make. They may try to rationalize it after-the-fact, but no one ever chooses it as a rational choice. Religion is a choice made upon emotional, traditional, environmental conditions.

Politics same thing. People will in some cases vote for the traditional choice for no other reason than that is what they have always voted for regardless of who the candidate is. Some will vote purely upon emotional reasons, because they can relate to the person, or think the person can relate to them. Some will vote based upon environmental conditions like is this person going to create jobs in our neighborhood, provide a tax break, etc.
Even if the person they are voting for is the worst possible candidate overall.

If there comes an opportunity to elect someone who would be great in office ( albeit that's a rarity ) the chances of that person ever getting into office is likely similar to getting hit by lightning 3 times in one day.