Stumbled Upon

Please make your first post here, and familiarize yourself with TAZ Forums by taking a moment and reading the stickies. Spank-you...errr....thank-you...and enjoy your stay!
Samerron
Wannabee
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:58 am

Stumbled Upon

Post: # 84791Post Samerron
Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:25 am

Hey! Like everyone else who posts here, I'm just a newbie to this forum. I find it a very interesting forum with wide selection of selections.

Gotta ask you, what do you do here and what keeps you coming to this forum? I want you to make me more interested in this forum...:P

Anyway, I'm glad to be here.
:D



User avatar
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist
Posts: 8866
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:07 am
Location: Scotland

Post: # 84792Post Aspman
Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:48 am

Hey,

Well yes, good question. Erm, um.... well here is the advertisement.

What you have got here with the Taz is a big bunch of people most of whom walk on the weird side. It's a mix of professionals, amateurs and students mostly. There is no entry test. Eg ,who started the forum, is bloody awful with computers.

You'll find the forums here less flammable than most and you'll feel more comfortable to ask simple questions than you might on other forums. There is a special flame forum that you can get into when you've been here a little while and you can let rip there.

We've mostly got the same sense of humor here and no one takes offense all that easily. I suggest you ease yourself into the banter until you get used to it. There are more than a few 'in jokes' but we'll share.

The tech forums are for technical issues and we tend to remove post that aren't. There are plenty of general chat forums too. There are also hidden forums that get unlocked after a little time here.

You have a post limiting timer on you until you've done ten posts. We get spammed a lot and this lets un deal with it easier.

Enjoy your visit to the Taz, exits are located on the aft deck, lifeboats are not provided.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)

User avatar
SirDice
I've posted HOW many
Posts: 4198
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 9:59 am
Are you a Spammer: No
Location: Netherlands

Post: # 84793Post SirDice
Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:48 am

Welcome Samerron...

TAZ is like Hotel California....
You can checkout but you can never leave :mrgreen:
Oliver's Law:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

User avatar
Ally
Our Lady of the Bay
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:43 am
Location: N.S.W. Australia

Post: # 84798Post Ally
Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:50 am

Hey Samerron,

Don't get too excited just yet. In a few short weeks your hair will fall out, your teeth will rot and you will be certified insane :mad:
Scientia potentia est - Knowledge is Power

User avatar
Ally
Our Lady of the Bay
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:43 am
Location: N.S.W. Australia

Post: # 84799Post Ally
Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:51 am

Aspman wrote:Hey,

Well yes, good question. Erm, um.... well here is the advertisement.

What you have got here with the Taz is a big bunch of people most of whom walk on the weird side. It's a mix of professionals, amateurs and students mostly. There is no entry test. Eg ,who started the forum, is bloody awful with computers.

You'll find the forums here less flammable than most and you'll feel more comfortable to ask simple questions than you might on other forums. There is a special flame forum that you can get into when you've been here a little while and you can let rip there.

We've mostly got the same sense of humor here and no one takes offense all that easily. I suggest you ease yourself into the banter until you get used to it. There are more than a few 'in jokes' but we'll share.

The tech forums are for technical issues and we tend to remove post that aren't. There are plenty of general chat forums too. There are also hidden forums that get unlocked after a little time here.

You have a post limiting timer on you until you've done ten posts. We get spammed a lot and this lets un deal with it easier.

Enjoy your visit to the Taz, exits are located on the aft deck, lifeboats are not provided.
Who let ^ him in ? 8)
Scientia potentia est - Knowledge is Power

User avatar
Panama Red
I come Unseen
Posts: 5471
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:14 am

Post: # 84805Post Panama Red
Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:29 pm

Welcome Samerron

There is a great cross section of peoples here at TAZ, and that's what makes it tick so to speak, so grab a chair and a few wets and enjoy your stay.
Image
Image

Samerron
Wannabee
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:58 am

Post: # 84808Post Samerron
Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:48 pm

Thank you guys for your warm welcome, especially the inclusive introduction by Aspman that helped in getting a general idea about the forum. For sure, I'll always be visiting the forum.

Ally, I can see what you mean by just looking at your avatar :D

User avatar
Maverick
Top Gun
Posts: 6629
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:55 am
Are you a Spammer: No

Post: # 84812Post Maverick
Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:36 pm

Welcome Samerron - Asp gave you a pretty good overview, but just kick back and see how it goes. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine - and if not, we'll let the Llama get a hold of ya.. :mrgreen:
- Maverick

User avatar
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo
Posts: 18896
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:02 am
Location: Canada

Post: # 84816Post Egaladeist
Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:30 pm

Welcome Samerron :D Like Asp said I don't know squat about computers so direct all computer questions to someone else :D

To me, the TAZ is more of a community than a forum...once you've been here awhile you'll notice the difference. ;)

The TAZ is like a neighborhood pub that we hang out at...
Cheers, only better :D :P

Making your way in the world today
Takes everything you've got;
Taking a break from all your worries
Sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?

All those night when you've got no lights,
The check is in the mail;
And your little angel
Hung the cat up by it's tail;
And your third fiance didn't show;

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
You want to be where you can see,
Our troubles are all the same;
You want to be where everybody knows your name.

Roll out of bed, Mr. Coffee's dead;
The morning's looking bright;
And your shrink ran off to Europe,
And didn't even write;
And your husband wants to be a girl;

Be glad there's one place in the world
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
You want to go where people know,
People are all the same;
You want to go where everybody knows your name.

Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;

(fade out)

This ^ actually applies more to us than the show :D

Elsparrow
In with the out crowd
Posts: 1964
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 9:43 pm

Post: # 84817Post Elsparrow
Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:35 pm

Welcome.
Image

Samerron
Wannabee
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:58 am

Post: # 84841Post Samerron
Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:24 am

Egaladeist wrote:Welcome Samerron :D Like Asp said I don't know squat about computers so direct all computer questions to someone else :D

To me, the TAZ is more of a community than a forum...once you've been here awhile you'll notice the difference. ;)

The TAZ is like a neighborhood pub that we hang out at...
Cheers, only better :D :P
Hey! A pub you say... what do offer for newbies?
That's a nice poem you have there... from where did you get it?

User avatar
Harry
Site Admin
Posts: 6784
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: UK :-)
Contact:

Post: # 84842Post Harry
Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:29 am

A pub you say... what do offer for newbies?
An unpaid glass collector job...or Eg's personal fluffer.....
Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system..

TAZ's better half: http://www.theadminzone.com/

User avatar
Maverick
Top Gun
Posts: 6629
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:55 am
Are you a Spammer: No

Post: # 84849Post Maverick
Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:23 pm

Samerron wrote:from where did you get it?
:cheers:

:P
- Maverick

User avatar
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo
Posts: 18896
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:02 am
Location: Canada

Post: # 84860Post Egaladeist
Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:19 pm

That's a nice poem you have there... from where did you get it?
It's just the theme from the tv show Cheers...basically it applies here as we're all friends and this is our watering hole ;)

Most forums are very strictly ' topic ' based and the moderators are heavy-handed...

here...we're not strictly anything...and the moderators are more bartenders than rule enforcers :D
Last edited by Egaladeist on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Maverick
Top Gun
Posts: 6629
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:55 am
Are you a Spammer: No

Post: # 84861Post Maverick
Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:20 pm

Egaladeist wrote:basically it applies here as we're all friends and this is our watering hole ;)

Actually, Eg is wrong. He and I are not friends - I actually hate his guts...

:P
- Maverick

Post Reply