Republican running mate

Where to go for and post Political chatter and gossip, including Government screw ups, Military covert operations, top secret files, anything related to Government.
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Republican running mate

Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:11 am

Sarah Palin,

She's quite fit. Yummy mummy soon to be a glamorous granny.

Apologies for the lack of political insight :pleasantry:

She's still a twisted, lying, untrustworthy, selfserving b*stard.
But she'll look better when she lies than Bush or Chaney.

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)

Morganlefay
I've posted HOW many
Are you a Spammer: No

Re: Republican running mate

Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:14 am

I like her better then Obama...I think the republicans may have clinched the election chosing her.

I liked the way she came out swinging.

MLF
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:42 pm

Obama never stood a chance...the best thing Obama had going for him was Hillary...the average American probably hasn't even heard of Biden..and the only things they really know about Obama is that he's black, with a name very reminiscent of the man they hate and despise the most Osama, claims he is a Christian but has a very Muslim sounding name, and has affiliations with radical Christian preachers.

Seriously...aside from those who hang out in political forums or go to Conventions...what else does the average Joe American know about him?
www.thetazzone.com www.thegameszone.org

Morganlefay
I've posted HOW many

Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:29 pm

yep....he shoulda stuck with Hilary.

and now Canada is following suit.....I cant stand the arrogance of Harper and his holier than thou mentality. Same shit different party...so much for the "new" government of Canada. At least it will delay the copyright bill.

I hope he loses big!!

MLF

Harbinger
Aspiring Anti-Christ

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:41 am

I'm not so sure that Palin has completely changed the game. The media was announcing how prodigal Palin is from the moment she was announced--and claiming that the entire country was as well. I have heard her mentioned once when the election is brought up in discussion; a frequent topic. Even then, nobody seems too impressed and quite far from converting to McSame due to her.

I think it's just the media getting the nation all softened up for election fraud to elect McSame. In the end, I still think Obama will have a clear and decisive victory, but I am very prepared for tons of ballot contesting and tampering by the Republican facists.
"I am never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken."

Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:48 pm

McCain's picking the Alaskan woman and announcing it and having her give that speech so close to primaries was a great move I think. Before, everything was Obama this, Obama that, all over the net, etc and McCain was quiet. Now, with the woman in as his vp when Hillary failed will change at least some of the womens' votes whether black or white or even republican or democratic. It definitely looks like it'll sway more in favor of the republicans now but time will be the deciding factor.
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.

Panama Red
I come Unseen

Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:40 pm

Such a lot to choose for?....I think the 2 party system in the states needs to open it up to more opposition parties so it can breathe new life into politics...I mean what's wrong with having another party (not independents) whose platform may be to ensure everyone has a chance to talk with aliens, need some comic relief, we have it in Canada with Harper and his cronies, I mean what a larf, and your right MLF, the conservatives are arrogance personified...I hope they lose seats this fall and it's another minority government only the opposition will have more teeth this time...and will make the conservatives govern properly.

As for McCain, it was a slam dunk move by bringing this women into his camp as a running mate, Obama and boring Biden are ruined, but I will say one thing for Biden, he would make an excellent President should anything happen to Obama if he were the President and something happened to him, Biden is a tough cookie and has his hands in a lot of pockets in Washington....hmmm conspiracy theorists abound, 1 Mth into office as Pres and Obama is knocked off, Biden conveniently becomes the next President...hmmmm save this for later.... :good:

rapier57
I've posted HOW many

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:51 pm

Oh, we get enough comic relief just in the major parties. We do have other parties, they are just so scattered and unorganized that they have little or no power.

You want comic relief? You should have seen the list of candidates in our state for governor. Some of the major party candidates had position statements that could be used as evidence for permanent committment to a mental institution--if we actually did that in this state.
Rapier57.

Jayne: Testing. Testing. Captain, can you hear me?
Mal: I'm standing right here.
Jayne: You're coming through good and loud.
Mal: 'Cause I'm standing right here.

@rapier57

Harbinger
Aspiring Anti-Christ

Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:05 am

Third parties are becoming more attractive to voters in the past several elections though. As the two sides morph into a nearly indistinguishable conglomerate, people are taking their business elsewhere. Particularly former Republican voters. With the presence of Ron Paul, a great deal of people have gone Libertarian/Constitutionalist. Many Democrats have gone completely over to the Green party as well.

These changes will only be significant enough to prevent McSame from winning the presidency legitimately this election. However, after another 8 more years of nothing significantly positive coming out of Washington, I image a 3rd party candidate will be poised to win.

The biggest obstacle to 3rd parties in the USA isn't the electoral system or even the voters...but the special interests that control the media. Republican or Democrat it matters not--the result is the same; the status quo must be maintained.
"I am never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken."

Morganlefay
I've posted HOW many

Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:36 pm

well up here I am a Liberal...so would probably be considered a Democrat in the US.

IMHO the best thing Obama had going for him was Clinton.

I don like Obama...one day I saw a picture of him sneering at Hilary...glaring at her with pure hate. His true colours shone through and ever since then I dont trust him. He is a dangerous man.

Palin would have swung my vote to Republican...sorry to say.

Now on to our fiasco up here. I attended a Liberal Party Town Hall meeting last night with the local candidate talking about the Liberals Green Shift Plan.

All I can say is....at least they HAVE a plan. :good:

Steven Harper is a dangerous man also....At least Danny Williams called him out. Man I like that Danny....he really should run for the feds....I would vote Conservative if he was the leader :shock: (although my family would disown me)

I have a big red sign on my lawn...actually there appears to be alot of red signs here...

MLF

Morganlefay
I've posted HOW many

Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:46 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canadavotes/stor ... arper.html

Heres a link to highlights of Danny Williams speech
Newfoundland and Labrador Premier Danny Williams said Wednesday that even another minority Conservative government would be ruinous for Canadians.

In a nationally televised address to a St. John's business group, Williams — who has launched a campaign to defeat Conservative candidates in his province in the Oct. 14 federal election — gave what he called "a dire warning for all Canadians" about Conservative Leader Stephen Harper.

"If [he] is prepared to slash program spending when he has large surpluses and break his written word as the leader of a minority government, the future of Newfoundlanders and Labradorians — and indeed all Canadians — will be very bleak under a Conservative majority," Williams said.

A Progressive Conservative, Williams attacked Harper as a "fraud" and the architect of a "right-wing Conservative-Reform party" who has broken written promises from previous election campaigns since the Conservatives came to power in 2006.

"A majority government for Stephen Harper would be one of the most negative political events in Canadian history," Williams warned.

"Even without a majority, he has cut funding for minorities, cut funding for literacy, cut funding to students, volunteers, museums and arts and culture groups right across the country [and] his government cut funding to women's groups and … actually went so far as to remove the federal mandate to advance equality for women," Williams told an audience at a St. John's Board of Trade luncheon.

"This all happened under a minority government. What in heaven's name will happen if he gets a majority?"
and this man is in the same party as Steven Harper!!! :shock: :good:

MLF
>edit....spelling as always. Need more coffee!!!

dinowuff
I've posted HOW many
Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:42 pm

Well I know I'm voting for the old wrinkly guy and the hot chick.

Was going to vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriends wife, but she ain't in the running any more.

Obama's ol' Lady scares the hell out of me. I watched some of the interviews and also her reactions during the Democratic convention. All I can say is she reminds me of the type of Klingon woman that would be married to a member of the High Council. I envision her having the ability and prowess to run through the capital with a batlith killing anyone who disagreed with her or her husband.
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]

Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:50 pm

Was going to vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriends wife, but she ain't in the running any more.
WTF....I never even knew that. God, every time I see Monica's name, I always remember the quote "Yeah, Clinton turned the Oval Office into the Oral Office"...
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.

outerlimit
Holder of the rank Drunk Meister and BAR

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:41 pm

I was thinking of voting for hillary too, but will go towards mccain
14:35 < Maverick> I'm a gaywad

James
I do stuff

Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:34 pm

Yeah, I can only echo what's already been said (and come into the thread late as usual :mad:). The Pailin factor + Obama being frickin' scary has solidified my McCain vote
aka AO's AngelicKnight
The forums are finally back!
http://www.jameswebsite.net