My Kids are nice - apparently!

The place to kick back, relax, post general bullshit, and grill a few on the BBQ. Whatever doesn't fit into another forum would go here. We periodically go through and move posts to the correct forum, but we do charge a case of Beer every time we have to.
Ally
Our Lady of the Bay

Fri May 04, 2007 9:19 am

Elsparrow wrote:Agreed.

Like why the hell did I ever need to learn about how a plant takes in water?

And I agree most kids are badly behaved in public, almost had a go at a parent yesterday about the behaviour of her kids (small 4 year olds running around screaming, pushing past me and my mate without saying excuse me).

I'm 20 now and I am shocked at how few manners there are compared to me and my friends :S
It's important that plants take in water Els, much like it is important that we take in water - or fluids.

Before we emigrated to OZ ... many, many moons ago .... I was English, and we learned that the Battle of Hastings was fought in 1066. Not one single job application has had this question on it ... and I want to know why!

Ally
Our Lady of the Bay

Fri May 04, 2007 9:22 am

dinowuff wrote:Me and mine are always amazed when we drop off the little ones at sitters, grandparents or school. Everyone always says "Their such polite, well mannered..."

And we're like, Uh WTF are you talking about.

The dogs nails are pink, there isn't a wall in our house that doesn't have some type of (what looks like) prehistoric drawing, and the first word out of the boys mouth - if you can get him to answer is NO - He's going to make a fine sysadmin!
Hi Dino,

When my daughter Becky was about 4 years old she cut the cats whiskers off and coloured all his white bits black with a texta :lol: The silly cat must have sat there and let her do it :shock:

Ally
Our Lady of the Bay

Re: My Kids are nice - apparently!

Fri May 04, 2007 9:27 am

llama love wrote:
Ally wrote:but I wonder why they don't do all their chores without a fuss, never listen, try and kill each other on a regular basis etc.
Maby they just hate you? :D :P Nah joking, it could however be worse, I was a little sh*t at home AND school :D Although having said that I always get told I am really poilte too...

...and my friends get hit when they forget their manners :D

Oh and...

BAD und3rtak3r! BAD BAD und3rtak3r!
Hi llama,

They probably do hate me :lol: But I control the purse strings, so they are really sweet to me whenever they want something ...... as soon as they start helping without being asked, I know that they desire for me to buy them something - then I have complete control :lol:

Is Und3tak3r trying to hijack my thread :sad:

Elsparrow
In with the out crowd

Fri May 04, 2007 1:33 pm

Ally wrote:
Elsparrow wrote:Agreed.

Like why the hell did I ever need to learn about how a plant takes in water?

And I agree most kids are badly behaved in public, almost had a go at a parent yesterday about the behaviour of her kids (small 4 year olds running around screaming, pushing past me and my mate without saying excuse me).

I'm 20 now and I am shocked at how few manners there are compared to me and my friends :S
It's important that plants take in water Els, much like it is important that we take in water - or fluids.

Before we emigrated to OZ ... many, many moons ago .... I was English, and we learned that the Battle of Hastings was fought in 1066. Not one single job application has had this question on it ... and I want to know why!
I was talking about HOW not WHY. i.e. via osmosis.

THE Doctor
Ex Und3rtak3r from OZ
Are you a Spammer:No

Fri May 04, 2007 2:27 pm

I was English, and we learned that the Battle of Hastings was fought in 1066. Not one single job application has had this question on it ... and I want to know why!
cool .. you should do well on 1vs100 or Millionaire ... but honestly you have applied for the wrong jobs if you want to use that information.. besides not much call for sussex history in OZ, better off knowing the Don's batting average, or the significance of Lillie and Marsh or just who the Emperor of Lang Park is.

and Els.. your getting way too scientific for us OZ types.. specially this OZ-Red Neck, that the sassy POM
.. The trouble with life is there's no background music..

Remember Grasshopper: The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Elsparrow
In with the out crowd

Fri May 04, 2007 3:53 pm

Ok I'll speak in your language:

beer, sex, shelias, beer, sex, beer, kangaroos, sex, beer!

THE Doctor
Ex Und3rtak3r from OZ

Fri May 04, 2007 3:56 pm

you forgot Numbat ya wombat
.. The trouble with life is there's no background music..

Remember Grasshopper: The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

llama love
UtterTazNutter

Re: My Kids are nice - apparently!

Fri May 04, 2007 11:41 pm

Ally wrote:They probably do hate me :lol: But I control the purse strings, so they are really sweet to me whenever they want something ...... as soon as they start helping without being asked, I know that they desire for me to buy them something - then I have complete control :lol:
Ha ha, most children have perfected puppy dog eyes :D I dont even need that with my dad, I just leave any bills infront of the computer and make sure I am not there to ask when he finds them :D
Ally wrote: Is Und3tak3r trying to hijack my thread :sad:
Und3tak3r is trying to hijack EVERY thread :roll: