Family beaten as YouTube party descends into chaos

When you have general news to share - put it HERE. Anything you find newsworthy that you think others might be interested in post away! (If it's tech related please put in the tech news zone)
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:10 pm

A teen-ager was airlifted to hospital and his father had his nose broken when gatecrashers went on the rampage at a 16th birthday party after details were posted on YouTube, police and media reports said Friday.

More than 100 uninvited teenagers descended on the family house, stole whisky and champagne, smashed windows and started fighting, according to reports.

Engineer David Worthy, 53, was punched in the face when he tried to turn away a group of youths, while his son Stephen, 18, was badly beaten.

A spokesman for Wiltshire Police in western England said an air ambulance took the teen-ager to hospital in Bath with suspected spinal injuries.

His mother Susan Worthy, 52, a nurse, said they feared for their lives as the youths attacked the outside of the house.

"We were scared stiff," she was reported as saying in the Times newspaper. "There was a loud bang and the windows smashed. I thought they were going to kill us."

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEno ... 8320071012
Family beaten as YouTube party descends into chaos | Oddly Enough | Reuters

Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]
Are you a Spammer: No

Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:36 pm

There's an easy way to fix that problem...most of the guys I grew up with in high school weren't trusted with guns at all but my dad keeps all his M1 garands, russian mosin nagants, german and swedish mausers, enfields, and springfield .22s under MY bed. They're all working too, hehe...course, he keeps his 1911 .45 with him but that's ok. Me, I have my 4 D-cell Mag-Lite with me all the time. We had two guys try to break into my parents new house and I about beat one of them half to death with that thing.
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.

Derbz
What DO you mean : real life

Re: Family beaten as YouTube party descends into chaos

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:44 pm

Egaladeist wrote:A spokesman for Wiltshire Police in western England said an air ambulance took the teen-ager to hospital in Bath with suspected spinal injuries.
I'm guessing Bath is a town in England somewhere?? lol...

When I first read the article, I pictured the medics taking him to hospital in a bath tub.

llama love
UtterTazNutter

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:33 pm

Derbz wrote:I'm guessing Bath is a town in England somewhere??
Yep, well city actully I think, though ive never been there.

Elsparrow
In with the out crowd

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:49 pm

Bath is famous for it's Roman baths. Hence the name.

Dont_say_go
1st Century Addict

Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:28 am

Vorlin wrote:There's an easy way to fix that problem...most of the guys I grew up with in high school weren't trusted with guns at all but my dad keeps all his M1 garands, russian mosin nagants, german and swedish mausers, enfields, and springfield .22s under MY bed. They're all working too, hehe...course, he keeps his 1911 .45 with him but that's ok. Me, I have my 4 D-cell Mag-Lite with me all the time. We had two guys try to break into my parents new house and I about beat one of them half to death with that thing.
Bravo, guns for the win.

THE Doctor
Ex Und3rtak3r from OZ

Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:39 am

llama love wrote:
Derbz wrote:I'm guessing Bath is a town in England somewhere??
Yep, well city actully I think, though ive never been there.
Yep thats what and where it is.. and yes that is where its fame it gained its name.. the unfortunate thing is many POMS do not visit there enough.. Iwas wondering the source of the fragrance
.. The trouble with life is there's no background music..

Remember Grasshopper: The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Timaxe
Hmmm, should I post some more ?

Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:52 am

The original article paints a slightly different story than what Reuters ran with...there were 2 separate incidents here...and people only got hurt in the 2nd one which probably had less to do with the party invitation on YouTube than the cops showing up for the 1st one and kids running off with booze into the streets...

http://archive.wiltshiregazetteandheral ... 43843.html

That said, with how the first incident went (lots of under age kids drinking at a private party) firearms would have been a bad combination, but the second time around (finally some adults & sober people) it would have been an effective deterrent to people approaching the house.

canoob
Just beginning to get the hang of it

Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:21 pm

You gotta admit tho, pretty sweet lol!

THE Doctor
Ex Und3rtak3r from OZ

Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:13 pm

I say over .11... pull over son (and stop spanking the monkey)
.. The trouble with life is there's no background music..

Remember Grasshopper: The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Maverick
Top Gun

Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:14 pm

Ok Undies, I'll chase you around the board but damn, enough is enough?
- Maverick