Steve Irwin is Dead

When you have general news to share - put it HERE. Anything you find newsworthy that you think others might be interested in post away! (If it's tech related please put in the tech news zone)
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:32 pm

llama love wrote:I think most people would rather others make jokes when they are gone and smile about it then mourn and be sad.
Tis why the Irish will party till they puke at your wake, and try to give the deceased a drink while they are at it...life is a celebration and so we should remember the good bits when they pass on...Funeral's are for "dead" people..(been to a few and I hate them, so damn depressing, always looked forward to the reception later, to pay proper respect, along with Cap'n Morgan and company....) :mad: :P :lol:

Shippwreck
I've posted HOW many

Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:07 am

Huh,

I was just reading another article about it:

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0, ... 13,00.html

and it says that he wasn't actually filming for the deadliest sea creatures show at the time, but actually filming a bit for his daughter bindi's upcoming childrens wildlife show :shock:

It said the waters were too cloudy where they wanted to go for the adult show, so they jumped inot some shallow waters for his daughters instead...
Google is god... of the internet :mrgreen:

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:40 pm

Shippwreck wrote:and it says that he wasn't actually filming for the deadliest sea creatures show at the time, but actually filming a bit for his daughter bindi's upcoming childrens wildlife show :shock:
Yes, that's one of the saddest things about it... He did this for his daughter, and it was for her that he dived in and got close to the sting ray - she must be devastated.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]

THE Doctor
Ex Und3rtak3r from OZ
Are you a Spammer: No

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:33 am

And Yesterday another Notable Australian Died doing what he enjoyed the most.. perhaps not as World famed as mr Irwin..

Peter Brock, winner of the Bathurst 1000 motor race some 9 times
An Australian Motor Racing Icon

http://www.brock05.com/

PETER BROCK

Date of Birth: 26 February, 1945
Resides Melbourne, Australia,
Marital Status: Wife - Beverley
Sons - Jamie and Robert
Daughter - Alexandra
Team: Mobil Holden Racing Team
Vehicle: Holden Commodore VS

After 30 years of racing, the career of Australia's best known motor sport personality is about to come to an end. At the conclusion of the Primus 1000 Classic at Bathurst on Sunday October 19, Peter Brock will retire from the front line of racing.

Over those 3 decades, Brock has set records which will possibly never be achieved by any other driver. 9 wins in both the Sandown and Bathurst endurance events, 3 Touring Car Championships, a Round Australia Rally victory and all the while, building up an outstanding relationship with fans and sponsors alike.

From his start in a Holden-powered Austin-A30, through Toranas and a variety of Commodores - including rally cars - Brock has for the majority of his career, driven a Holden for Holden's.

Brock's decision to retire was certainly not performance related. During this year's Touring Car Championship, he took a round win and scored two pole positions, finishing the series in 6th place.

Sharing the #05 Mobil Holden Racing Team Commodore with Brock at Sandown and Bathurst will be Mark Skaife, which will give the 52 year old his best possible chance of securing memorable 10th wins at both events.

Peter's "retirement" will be from racing only. A flourishing media career awaits, along with long term sponsorship commitments with Mobil and Holden's, the public speaking circuit and who knows, maybe even some time at home!

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS

Bathurst 1000: 1972, 75, 78, 79, 80, 82, 83, 84, 87
Australian Touring Car Champion: 1974, 78, 80
Sandown Endurance Classic: 1973, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 84
Repco Round Australia Trial: 1979
I gave up my respect for the man when he started fitting Black boxes to the Fuel line.. and chanting at the car for performance enhancement...
Found out later It was a stunt to show the stupidity of many automotive performance products.. pitty it was taken seriously by the media at the time.. ...

Vale another Aussi Hero
.. The trouble with life is there's no background music..

Remember Grasshopper: The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:56 am

www.thetazzone.com www.thegameszone.org

Elsparrow
In with the out crowd

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:02 am

Damn you aussies are getting it harsh atm with celeb deaths :S

THE Doctor
Ex Und3rtak3r from OZ

Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:13 am

An interesting Item from Eg's Link.
Fame in recent years has become a commodity manipulated by the media. Television stations for instance go to great lengths to manipulate people's thinking about who is important or famous. Quiz programs are devised so that people feel that it is clever to know the details of the products and people (often in Hollywood movies) which that station is promoting. Celebrity trivia is often rebranded as 'news'
We have a saying or a superstition.. "Trouble travells in 3's"

Discuss with locals.. you will hear tales of if 2 appliances fail in a short period..namely a month.. they are waiting for and get the third fail..
So it seems with death.. typicaly if you get 2 Icons like Irwin and Brock there will be a third.. I have found that the third is a close friend or relitive..
For some friends of mine it was a family friend this morning.. 30yo died after falling the the shower at 5:30am this morning..... I hope that is as close as it gets...
.. The trouble with life is there's no background music..

Remember Grasshopper: The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:21 am

I'm sorry, Undies - I hope it doesn't get any closer than that :(

These are very sad deaths, and I'm sure that all of them are missed.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]

Shippwreck
I've posted HOW many

Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:09 pm

Just a quick aside from the current concersation, back to Steve...

It appears that someone/ some people "might" be taking revenge action over Steve's death:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 338118.stm

How sad is that that someone may feel some kind of satisfaction from killing Sting Rays. That would be something Steve would absolutely hate... :sad:
Google is god... of the internet :mrgreen:

Panama Red
I come Unseen

Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:26 pm

Yeah..heard that on the radio this AM, just sicko's if you ask me, plus the stupid organisation PETA has come out stating Steve more or less deserved to get it for "tormenting" animals....Fuck PETA (is that Pain Eeeen The Ass).

These tree hugging commando's are getting on my nerve....should grab them all, dress them up as harp seals and drop them off in Newfoundland, and tape it as a "real" Reality show.... :evil: