Hear! Hear! GAWD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!

When you have general news to share - put it HERE. Anything you find newsworthy that you think others might be interested in post away! (If it's tech related please put in the tech news zone)
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo
Are you a Spammer:No
Hear! Hear! GAWD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:43 am

‘The Queen on a First Capital Connect – unbelievable!’ exclaimed Andrew Smith, who was making the same journey for a business meeting.

‘My wife will never believe me.’ Relatively speaking there was minimal fuss, although some travellers reacted angrily when police shut off the area without warning five minutes before the train was due to leave.

The monarch, with a few attendants, sat at the rear of the train in an eight-seat section of a carriage which was separated from the rest of the seats by a sliding glass door.

As the train pulled out she took her place by the window next to one of her protection officers and looked out at the scenery.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... stmas.html

Gotta love the old goat :mrgreen:

Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Re: Hear! Hear! GAWD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:01 am

She's more attuned to the public than the politicians that's for sure.

I'm no monarchist for sure but you've got to give the old bird due respect. She's not daft.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)

MistyPaws
I COULD be out shopping

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:38 pm

her hubby is priceless!

Gaffe-Prone Prince Philip Does it Again! Wednesday, December 16th, 2009

The Duke of Edinburgh has a habit of putting his foot in it, only this time his humour was directed towards a comic who was born without one.

Australian stand-up comic Adam Hills was performing in Blackpool at the Royal Variety Performance. Afterwards he lined up backstage alongside Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus and Michael Bublé to meet the Queen and Prince Philip.

The Prince was asking Adam about his plans to return home to Australia for Christmas when he spotted the comic’s prosthetic limb. He then reportedly joked: “You could smuggle a bottle of gin out of the country in that artificial foot.”

Adam, who was born without his right foot, later told the Daily Mirror that he wasn’t at all offended and thought the gag was “brilliant” – he’ll no doubt be storing it away to use in his stand-up routine!

http://www.embraceaustralia.com/gaffe-p ... n-5690.htm

and there's more...........

http://www.bizface.co.uk/bizfaceforum/l ... -blog.html

:rolf6:

Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:32 pm

Well he's got a good sense of humor :mrgreen: