La Corona

When you have general news to share - put it HERE. Anything you find newsworthy that you think others might be interested in post away! (If it's tech related please put in the tech news zone)
DaFoxx
DaBOSS
Are you a Spammer: No

Re: La Corona

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:28 pm

couple of days in, death rates are through the ROOF here in UK, but pale in comparison to the US ffs :shock:
tRump really does NOT care about the people he was SWORN to protect
and is still fighting the validity of the damn election
he will be gone in a few short days
damned in history as the worst US president EVER
going to take something to top the list of fuck ups by him, we'll just START with 330 000 DEAD on his watch .............

stay safe all
2021 isn't showing any signs of being better than 2020 just yet, the incoming PotUS will have to do a HELL of a lot of work to even get close to satisfying the demands being made of him already
and I tend to thing that GOP will become AWFULLY concerned about ALL THAT DEATH come january 21 ..................

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :shock:

DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:43 am

JEEZ, 2020 turned 21 and started drinking ffs :shock:

DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:05 am

UK now at the 100 000 DEAD mark :(
not a milestone anyone wanted to reach, let alone breach

Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:23 am

I hear ya lol
www.thetazzone.com www.thegameszone.org

DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:47 pm

now had another not dead yey day, and still WFH, have acclimatised to it fully now, so much so, I don't really want to go back to the office
death rates appear to have peaked now, scary high is the number
not going to go into that now, but at least US has a president who is attempting to help ALL Americans, and vaccines are going out at an incredible rate, I've had my first jab, waiting for the second one, should be early May
stay safe all, it may be that the peak has passed, that does NOT mean we are safe
pubs opened their beer gardens today in UK, crazy rammed full, so pubs are generating income, but I'm not going to a pub to sit outside in the freezing cold, with a crowd of people who I do not know their personal hygiene status, or their vaccination status either
call me grumpy, but I would prefer to live a fair bit longer yet
and as I haven't actually had a beer in over a year, no longer missing it :(
but, once I hit a rally, all bets are off, and I will, once again, become the drunken, shitty mess I love LOL

Egaladeist

Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:34 pm

It's funny, when I became a single Dad I stopped drinking, the way I saw it was I had to be on alert at all times with quick reflexes. The last thing I wanted was for something to happen and I was too slow, or too off my game, to stop it. So I said bye to my days of drinking, partying, etc...
But...I told myself once they were grown up all bets were off
once I hit a rally, all bets are off, and I will, once again, become the drunken, shitty mess I love LOL
:mrgreen:
So skip ahead about 19 years...
I buy some beer, I don't like beer, but it helps me sleep, or relax so I can sleep. Rum has always been my drink of choice.
So skip ahead another year...
both girls are now in their 20's, time to start drinking again :rolf6:

I go out and buy a 60 pounder of Rum, I have 1 drink, get severe pains, and end up in the hospital on my deathbed, apparently, according to the doctor's I suffered an inflamed pancreas, severe enough that had I hadn't come to the hospital I could have died. So...apparently all the partying I did when I was younger, then the sudden stop for 20 years, I can't drink anything stronger than beer now :finger:

Ironically, with all the things trying to kill me, it was Rum that almost did me in :hysterical:

DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:36 am

:shock:

DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Sun May 30, 2021 9:06 pm

have now had my 2nd jab, and am now fully covered against the COVID beastie
we still haven't fully opened, but the places where they are in the process of doing so are completely snowed under by people, so it appears we DO want to get out again :P

the Indian variant running wild in several hotspots, helped along by Indians going home to visit family, and then when the threat of a compulsory 10 day stay at your expense in a hotel appears, they all come running back, with NO checks / tests :( also the areas where there are a lot of the immigrant population, also have a problem with speaking English as well as an inbuilt mistrust of authority, so the variant appeared, and spread ...................

we really should have locked down on the day ffs, not given people a 10 day gap to get back home, why would anyone travel in a global pandemic too :shock:
still, I digress
we are about to commence, what in the UK, laughingly passes for summer :P
so a couple of weeks of warm rain is on the cards :shock:
end of June appears to be set to drop all measures, and see if we can handle going out again, and, TBH, I am NOT certain I CAN :( been locked in my house since March 2020 now, and the thoughts of leaving, and mixing with people again, is a bit odd now ..........

still, wave a beer under me nose, it will pass :hysterical:

Egaladeist

Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:56 am

I just got my 1st jab and 2nd should in around Sept....we have two variant strains here a UK strain and a South African strain, but no one seems concerned about them. Yah, I don't get that either, we've had a travel restriction here in Ontario where you can't even travel in the Province let along fly to India :rolf6: , just traveling on the highway you'd get pulled over and told to turn around and go home :mrgreen:
still, wave a beer under me nose, it will pass
:drunk5:

DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:46 pm

finally got out to a bike rally :shock:
was an amazing time, seeing lots of old faces, emphasis on the OLD ffs :hysterical:
but it all came rushing back, what to do in the real world, bury me head in a pint pot and carry on :galdancin:

Egaladeist

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:03 pm

I've had both shots, with no issues, a lot of people were complaining about getting sick or whatever after they got the shots but I had no issues other than extremely mild shoulder discomfort after the second shot that lasted maybe a day. And just ( today, in fact ) called the Government to have them mail me out my '' proof of vaccination '' that is now becoming a thing around here if you want to go anywhere or do anything.

DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:03 pm

I got double jabbed, awaiting to see if I get the third shot booster too, need my annual flu shot soon too
ffs, the world has now changed, it will never be as it was :(

DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:46 am

now fully jabbed, double plus booster, and the flu jab as well

been sent back to the WFH, which, TBH, I prefer now :)
so just getting through the days, one at a time